If you are pregnant, and the pregnancy is confirmed, you could pursue an abortion. This decision comes with many things to think about. Understanding the facts about abortion may assist you in making your decision, as will understanding the facts of miscarriage, adoption, and parenting. No decision should ever be made without being fully informed of your choices.
Abortion Facts Explained
- An abortion is when a pregnancy is terminated before 40 weeks from conception.
- Abortions are performed both medically and surgically.
- This is not a simple medical procedure.
- The abortion pill is considered an abortion method.
- There are different types of abortion methods that would be determined by how far along in the pregnancy you are. Abortion methods available to you in the first trimester are not the same as those available to you later in the pregnancy.
- Each procedure has a set of risks and affects on a woman’s body.
- It is important that you understand the procedures and how they will affect your health. Our client advocates are prepared to confidentially discuss your options over the phone, in our Akron office, or via text message.