You Could Pursue An Abortion
Abortions come with serious risks. It's important to know the facts before you decide.
If your pregnancy is confirmed, you could pursue an abortion. This decision comes with many things to think about. Understanding the facts about abortion may assist you in making your decision, along with the facts of miscarriage, adoption, & parenting. No decision should ever be made without being fully informed of your choices.
Abortion Facts Explained
- An abortion is when a pregnancy is terminated before 40 weeks from conception.
- Abortions are performed both medically and surgically.
- This is not a simple medical procedure.
- The abortion pill is considered an abortion method.
- There are different types of abortion methods that would be determined by how far along in the pregnancy you are. Abortion methods available to you in the first trimester are not the same as those available to you later in the pregnancy.
- Each procedure has a set of risks & effects on a woman’s body.
- It is important you understand the procedures and how they will affect your health. Our medical team & client advocates are prepared to confidentially discuss your options in our Akron office, on our mobile unit, over the phone, or via text message.
It's Important to Know:
- There are different abortion procedures, medical or surgical. Both have serious, immediate, and long-term risks. It is important to understand those risks completely.
- Speaking with a medical professional about abortion facts, options, and procedures will help you to know the possible risks & prepare you for a life-long decision you can live with.
Things to Consider
- Are you sure you are pregnant?
- Did you know as many as 1 in 4 pregnancies end in natural miscarriage?
- What do you know about the different abortion methods?